Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and the shops are filled with all sorts of cakes and sweets that you can buy to impress your significant other. Well sometimes a girl can get too darned lazy to bake and assemble a cake, so what do you do? Enter the Stuffed Pancake Cake.
Super fluffy pancakes, with a surprise inside! It means you can get cake for breakfast, AND you don’t have to turn the oven on. Win-win!
You’re welcome. 😉
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour*
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Peanut butter or other spread, to stuff
- Strawberries and whipped cream, to decorate
- In a medium bowl, add the flour and sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolks and milk.
- Mix till just combined.**
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks, and fold into the batter mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan*** to medium heat, and place 1/6 of the mixture into the pan (about 4tbsp)
- Cook till it starts to bubble slightly, then remove from pan.
- Cook another 1/6 of the mixture to the same stage, then add 1-2 tbsp of stuffing.
- Cover with the first pancake (wet side down), and flip to ensure that wet batter melds and creates a seal.
- Repeat another 2 times.
- Spread a thin layer of stuffing in-between layers to ensure that the pancakes sticks together as a cake. Alternatively, you can also just serve them as a stack.
- Decorate with heart-shaped strawberries and whipped cream!
- *You can use self raising flour if you prefer, or add 0.5 tsp baking powder to your plain flour.
- **It's okay if there are lumps - they tend to sort themselves out. Over mixing will give you a tough pancake, so don't do it!
- ***If your pan isn't non-stick, just add a little butter
But wait, there’s more! Simply make this recipe, take a photo and post it to Everten’s Recipe of the Week on their Facebook page for your chance to win a $1,000 Wusthorf prize pack! You can find more details about the competition on Everten’s website. Remember to tag @TeaForTammi or Wusthof Australia on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, and we’ll share our favourites! We’ll also be Periscoping and sharing a recipe every week, so don’t worry if you’ve arrived here fashionably late to the party. Simply join us 6:30pm (Sydney time) every Wednesday for more delicious food, and follow @TeaForTammi to get notified when we go live!