Food Recipe

Nutella Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding

Nutella Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding recipe - a great way to use up leftover hot cross buns from easter!

Before I came to Australia, hot cross buns were a completely foreign idea to me. Most of the bread I had growing up was savoury, so needless to say when I got exposed to fruit breads, I became obsessed because now it felt like there should be sultanas in EVERYTHING. So I decided to combine my love for bread pudding – it runs in my family, I swear! – and newfound appreciation for the hot cross bun, into a next level dessert to warm you up this winter.

And of course, what’s dessert without a little secret ingredient?

Enter the Nutella Hot Cross Bun Bread Pudding, for all of your wintry hazelnut chocolate pudding needs.

[yumprint-recipe id=’4′]

What’s your favourite way to turn a seasonal favourite into a classic dessert? I’d love to hear your creative ideas in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply Christine @ Cooking Crusade April 1, 2015 at 8:51 pm

giiiiirl this is like the best bread and butter pudding I’ve ever had! Still dreaming about it!!!! You rock my culinary world. Xo

• Reply tammi April 3, 2015 at 4:14 am

You don’t know how much that pleases the culinary megalomaniac in me. haha!

• Reply Dannielle @ Zamamabakes April 3, 2015 at 8:19 am

Tammi I am very much a fan of your secret ingredient, in fact I’m just about to go and enjoy some on a buttery crumpet!
    I haven’t had a bread pudding in ages, I know where I’m going to head when the weather cool down a little more.
    Thanks coming to join the party over at Fabulous Foodie Fridays!
    Have a beautiful Easter! x

• Reply tammi April 5, 2015 at 12:13 am

Isn’t Nutella just the best? I could eat out of the jar with a spoon.

• Reply Lauren @ Create Bake Make April 3, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Oh gosh, this looks amazing! I am going to make some Hot Cross Buns just for this recipe!

• Reply tammi April 5, 2015 at 12:13 am

Now that’s dedication!

• Reply Neda B April 3, 2015 at 8:12 pm

I’ve never had bread pudding, but this sounds like a great place start!

• Reply tammi April 5, 2015 at 12:14 am

You’ve never had bread pudding?! You gotta try it. It’s all sorts of stodgy comforting goodness.

• Reply Bec April 5, 2015 at 10:40 pm

These look amazing! I also love your red and white tray.

• Reply tammi April 7, 2015 at 1:38 am

Thank you! I got it at Woolworth’s on sale! Gotta love the sale.

• Reply Catherine Holt April 7, 2015 at 10:35 pm

If I had any hot cross buns left, I would SO be making this. It looks absolutely delicious 🙂

Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

• Reply Paula McInerney March 27, 2016 at 6:51 pm

I would be one of the few people in the world not to have ever tried Nutella. However, I do like hot cross buns

• Reply Lauren March 27, 2016 at 9:03 pm

This is going to become my Easter staple! I adore all three parts to the dish… Literally blown away by the deliciousness! Great recipe 🙂

• Reply tammi March 30, 2016 at 8:37 am

Thank you! It was definitely one of my favourite recipes to do. =)

• Reply Elissa March 27, 2016 at 9:42 pm

Great combination of lots of yummy things – what a cool idea.

• Reply Anna @ shenANNAgans March 28, 2016 at 8:04 am

I bought a jar of nutella to make your bun pudding, unfortunately (or more fortunately perhaps) I ate the jar before I could put it into action. Haha! But I freakin LOVE this recipe, its only been in the last few years that I discovered nutella hot cross buns and I would never have thought to pudding it up. Sharing this bad boy for sure. Mmmmm!

• Reply tammi March 30, 2016 at 8:36 am

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, amirite? 😉 I too, had difficulties saving enough Nutella for the dish. Hehe!

• Reply Rosemary March 28, 2016 at 9:33 am

Bread pudding is my favorite dessert and I love your twist to it. You really can’t go wrong with Nutella. Looks so delicious, ready to help myself immediately!

• Reply Krysten March 28, 2016 at 9:52 am

This looks so good. I would eat all of them
    Myself though because hubby doesn’t like Nutella!! Thanks for the post!

• Reply tammi March 30, 2016 at 8:35 am

Oh wow! I think he’s the first person I’ve heard of that doesn’t like Nutella! You know, it would also be banging with a peanut butter filling…

• Reply Serina Huang March 28, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Oh, this looks soooo decadent. Sadly I didn’t have any hot cross buns leftover to use. Or maybe given the cream and chocolate in this dish that was a good thing:) I just love the way you have styled this. So pretty.

• Reply tammi March 30, 2016 at 8:34 am

Thank you! I’m sure with hot cross buns like the beautiful ones you’ve made, I wouldn’t have any left over either! Thank you for coming by. =)