There are totally some things that we take for granted. Need to make cookies? Better put butter down on that shopping list!
Well it’s so dead simple to make butter at home, and you know what? It’s a great way to prolong the life of that cream you can’t finish!
- 600ml cream*
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place cream and salt in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process till cream splits into grainy solids and a thin, milky liquid (the whey).
- Strain through muslin, or CLEAN chux/tea towel.
- Fold the edges of the cloth together and press out the excess liquid.
- CONGRATULATIONS! You just made butter.
- *Many recipes call for pure cream, but really. Any cream will do. I tried it with thickened cream because it was easier to find, and you get a great result still!
How simple is this? I hope you enjoyed my guide on how to make butter at home! If you wanna see more yummy recipes, and more crazy food experiments, leave me comment below, and it may make it to the blog!